July 2014 Bar Examination
• Hotel Options - To assist you in finding hotels rooms in the Roanoke area, the Roanoke Valley Convention & Visitors Bureau (RVCVB) has a special web page with links to the various hotels in the Roanoke area.
The RVCVB link is: http://www.visitroanokeva.com/meetingplanners/virginiabarexam/
Admission Without Examination Rules and Regulations
The Supreme Court of Virginia has amended Rule 1A:1 and adopted new regulations for Admission Without Examination effective February 1, 2014. Click here to review the Rule, Regulations and all other requirements, as well as access the online forms.
February 2014 Bar Examination
• Results: Click here for information regarding the results for the February 2014 bar exam.
Help with VBBE Forms Wizard
• Eliminate Forms Wizard Crashes. If your Forms Wizard is left unattended and your computer shuts down, it will cause the Forms Wizard to crash. All answers are saved immediately so there is no need to leave the Forms Wizard open. If your Forms Wizard crashes, call 804-367-0412 for assistance. Do Not Reinstall.
• Forms Wizard Expiration. If your Forms Wizard has expired, please call 804-367-0412 to obtain a password.
• Assistance. Click here to see our VBBE Forms Wizard FAQ. If you need additional assistance with our VBBE Forms Wizard or help troubleshooting how it works with your computer, please contact our systems administrator via 804-367-0412.
|April 24, 2014
Results for the February 2014 Bar Examination - more information
|*May 12, 2014
Filing Deadline for July 2014 Bar Examination - more information
*Statutory filing deadline, May 10, 2014, is a Saturday, therefore the filing deadline is extended to Monday, May 12, 2014.
|June 3, 2014
Admission Ceremony for February 2014 Bar Exam Licensees - more information
|July 29-30, 2014
July 2014 Bar Examination in Roanoke, VA - more information
The Virginia Board of Bar Examiners (the "Board") is an agency of the Supreme Court of Virginia. In addition, its statutory authority is found in § 54.1-3919 et seq. of the Code of Virginia. The Board is responsible for ascertaining the qualifications of applicants for admission to the Bar of Virginia and licensing those applicants who meet those requirements as established by the Supreme Court of Virginia, the Virginia General Assembly, and the Rules and Regulations issued by the Board.
We can be contacted at the address and phone number above. We try to respond to all correspondence within 48 hours of our receipt, workload permitting. In order to give our staff time to perform all of their required duties, our voice telephone lines are open between the hours of 10:00 AM and Noon and 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM Monday - Friday. At other times (or if all lines are busy during those hours), you will hear a recording. Before telephoning, please see if your questions can be answered by the information on this site.
We want to provide you with as much information as possible on the bar admission process in Virginia. On this website, you will find:
- Frequently Asked Questions about admission to the Virginia Bar.
- Information about the Bar Examination and all its components, including the Character & Fitness Questionnaire.
- Information on Admission Without Examination (for persons who may be qualified by virtue of their years of experience in the full-time licensed practice of law in accorance with Rule1A:1)
- Information on the Law Reader Program.
- Information on Military Legal Assistance Attorney, Foreign Legal Consultant, and Virginia State Bar Reinstatement.