NEW VBBE ONLINE FORMS
• The Virginia Board of Bar Examiners has developed a new VBBE Online Forms system to assist applicants in completing the required forms to apply for the Virginia bar exam. Once you register and establish a secure online account, you can access and complete your bar application forms from any computer with an internet connection.
• July 2014 Applicants - If you have already downloaded and started the old Forms Wizard, you may apply using the old forms or, at your choice, you may use the new VBBE Online Forms.
Click here to access the new VBBE Online Forms.
July 2014 Bar Examination
• IMPORTANT HOTEL INFORMATION - The Roanoke area will be hosting a large softball tournament at the same time the July Virginia bar examination is being administered in Roanoke. Hotel rooms are available, but will be limited. If you are planning to take the July 2014 bar exam in Virginia, you are encouraged to make your reservations as soon as possible. To assist you in finding available hotel rooms in the Roanoke area, the Roanoke Valley Convention & Visitors Bureau (RVCVB) has a special web page with links to the various hotels in the Roanoke area. An applicant can select the hotel of his or her choice and make a reservation from the RVCVB web page.
The RVCVB web page link is: http://www.visitroanokeva.com/meetingplanners/virginiabarexam/
DO NOT DELAY. Make your hotel reservations today.
Admission Without Examination Rules and Regulations
The Supreme Court of Virginia has amended Rule 1A:1 and adopted new regulations for Admission Without Examination effective February 1, 2014. Click here to review the Rule, Regulations and all other requirements, as well as access the online forms.
February 2014 Bar Examination
• Results: Click here for information regarding the results for the February 2014 bar exam.
Help with Old VBBE Forms Wizard - Click here
|April 24, 2014
Results for the February 2014 Bar Examination - more information
|*May 12, 2014
Filing Deadline for July 2014 Bar Examination - more information
*Statutory filing deadline, May 10, 2014, is a Saturday; therefore, the filing deadline is extended to Monday, May 12, 2014.
|June 3, 2014
Admission Ceremony for February 2014 Bar Exam Licensees - more information
|July 29-30, 2014
July 2014 Bar Examination in Roanoke, VA - more information
The Virginia Board of Bar Examiners (the "Board") is an agency of the Supreme Court of Virginia. In addition, its statutory authority is found in § 54.1-3919 et seq. of the Code of Virginia. The Board is responsible for ascertaining the qualifications of applicants for admission to the Bar of Virginia and licensing those applicants who meet those requirements as established by the Supreme Court of Virginia, the Virginia General Assembly, and the Rules and Regulations issued by the Board.
We can be contacted at the address and phone number above. We try to respond to all correspondence within 48 hours of our receipt, workload permitting. In order to give our staff time to perform all of their required duties, our voice telephone lines are open between the hours of 10:00 AM and Noon and 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM Monday - Friday. At other times (or if all lines are busy during those hours), you will hear a recording. Before telephoning, please see if your questions can be answered by the information on this site.
We want to provide you with as much information as possible on the bar admission process in Virginia. On this website, you will find:
- Frequently Asked Questions about admission to the Virginia Bar.
- Information about the Bar Examination and all its components, including the Character & Fitness Questionnaire.
- Information on Admission Without Examination (for persons who may be qualified by virtue of their years of experience in the full-time licensed practice of law in accordance with Rule1A:1)
- Information on the Law Reader Program.
- Information on Military Legal Assistance Attorney, Foreign Legal Consultant, and Virginia State Bar Reinstatement.