Resume of Past Practice of Law
For Virginia Legal Aid Counsel, the following documents are required to substantiate at least two (2) years of continuous practice of law in accordance with Rule 1A:9
Current and Past Practice of Law
Resume of all employment positions held within the past five (5) years, or since graduation from law school, whichever period is shorter.
All current and past practice of law positions for the past five (5) years must include the following:
- Applicant's Position
- Applicant's physical office location
- Employer name*
- Employer’s address (physical office location)**
- Employer’s phone and fax number
- Supervisor’s name
- Precise month/year of employment
- Hours worked per week for each employer
- Detailed description of legal practice
*If you are a firm owner or partner (and not considered self-employed), you must submit wall income documentation, to include W-2s and/or K-1s, to substantiate your full-time employment.
**If employer is no longer at the physical office where you were employed, provide current address, phone and fax numbers. If employer no longer exists, submit name of verifying reference, reference's current address, phone and fax numbers. Such employer/reference must be able to verify the employment dates and all other information you have submitted.
Self-Employment (if applicable)
All self-employment within the past five (5) years must include the following applicable documents:
- W2s, 1099s, K-1s and Federal Income Tax Return Forms, including all Schedules which substantiate your practice of law.
- List of three (3) client references you have represented during the past five (5) years. All client references must include:
- Client name
- Phone number and fax number
- Email address
- Time period of representation